- Decorate table for the holiday.
- Give away your character's favorite ghoulish treat.
- Post his/her favorite recipe for Halloween treat on your website or on recipe cards to hand out at signings.
Dress in a costume that resembles your main character and put a spider & cobwebs on your shoulder.
- Dress up as your character and put it in a costume. (My main character is a Pegasus. If I dress as a Pegasus that is a ghost for Halloween, the horse head & wings' shapes will be discernible under a white sheet & I could have the legs and hooves peeking out from the bottom of the sheet.)
- Have a big discount if children dress up to visit your signing in a costume.
- Have a Halloween costume craft of your character download on your website.
- Is their a sucker mold in the shape of your main character (animal or something that figures heavily in your book like cowboy paraphenlia)? Give away suckers in a sugar free flavor.
You can turn every holiday into a book marketing treasure. Do it!