Saturday, August 14, 2010

Developing A Prospect List


IS MARKETING YOUR BOOKS & SERVICES MAKING YOU
STRESS?





As if you didn't have enough to do, I thought I'd give you a marketing errand.

Developing a List to Market your Books and Services





Libraries
Chamber of Commerce
Schools
Day-Cares
Newspapers
Radio
Magazines
Internet Radio
Contacts from day to day business interaction
Friends
Family
Stores

Press Releases
Author visits
Services




Email
Snail Mail
Telephone
Fax
In Person


Now
Later
Each & Every Day




The way I've done this is I opened a separate email account through Yahoo that only includes my marketing prospects. I have a website and created an email tied to it
jessica-aday@jadaykennedy.com If you don't have a personal website just create an email account strictly for marketing.

Do an internet search to create a list. I got lucky. There was a listing for North central Texas Libraries. Then I looked up each library and entered their contact information in my email address book. I created a separate Word document of libraries that did not have email addresses. I'll call all of the libraries without email addresses and try to get email or fax numbers. Then I'll generate a list of contacts that need to be reached via email, snail mail & fax.

The bad news is this is incredibly time consuming. The good news is after you've done it once you just have to update it.


Don't shoot the messenger!

4 comments:

Susanne Drazic said...

Great information. Thanks for sharing. Have a great day!

翊翊翊翊張瑜翊翊翊 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
佳張張張張燕張張張張張 said...

永遠支持你呀!!HO!!HO!!HO!!HO!!~~............................................................

Connie Arnold said...

Thanks so much for sharing this! It's just what I need to be doing now. I won't shoot you, but may shoot myself if I can't get all this done!